Housing Stabilization Services is a new Minnesota Medical Assistance benefit to help people with disabilities, including mental illness and substance use disorder, and seniors find and keep housing. It includes:
- Housing Consultation: developing a plan for obtaining and maintaining housing.
- Housing Transition: moving to a new home.
- Housing Sustaining: Services that support a person to maintain living in their home in the community.
How does it help?
Housing Stablization services can help with:
- Researching affordable housing options.
- Identfying sources of financial support for moving, maintining housing.
- Developing and maintaining a budget to remain stably housed.
- Communicating with landlords and understanding leases.
- Arranging for assistive technology,environment modifications.
- Obtaining reasonable accomodations.
- A variety of other supports to remove barriers to obtaining and maintaining housing.
Where is it offered?
We currenlty provide Housing Stablization Services and the surrounding area.