Mental Health Therapy Services
Psychotherapy services at KFL include services to adults and children and may be:
- Individual Therapy – one-on-one psychotherapy tailored to what the individual wants and needs.
- Family Therapy – psychotherapy that involves all members of an extended family.
- Group Therapy – small groups of patients meet regularly to talk, interact, and discuss problems with each other and the group leader (therapist).
- Couples Therapy – psychotherapy used to treat relationship distress for individuals and couples.
Any person or family experiencing distress in relationships, daily functioning, or emotional stability to an extent that it interferes with everyday life is eligible for psychotherapy.
How does it help?
Psychotherapy can be short-term or long-term and provide help with a variety of symptoms and life difficulties.
- Identifying and coping with symptoms of a variety of mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety, and others.
- Dealing with grief or loss.
- Improving relationships.
- Replacing ineffective thinking, behaviors and habits with new thoughts and behaviors that improve functioning.
- Supplementing treatment with medication to improve outcomes.
Where is it offered?
KFL currently provides a full array of Children and Family services, including family and indivdual skills training, to residents of these counties in Minnesota.
- St. Louis*
*A note on St. Louis County services: we currently only have capacity to serve individuals in Southern St. Louis County.